WELCOME to Cape Fear Eye Associates / NextMD “PATIENT PORTAL”
You’re about to find out just how EASY it can be TO COMMUNICATE with your healthcare provider, SCHEDULE appointments, TAKE CONTROL of your medical information, and more. You will find everything you need to be an expert “Patient Portal” user below.
To register for patient portal “ONLINE” click ONLINE REGISTRATION
If you have Already Registered, please click to LOG IN to portal.
If you would like to enroll for the Cape Fear Eye Associates / NextMD “Patient Portal” please visit our office at 1726 Metro Medical Drive or 1629 Owen Drive and receive your “token number” at check-in or check-out and receive your “Patient Portal” instruction package.
Note* If you are under the age of ’18’ a parent or guardian will need to fill-out Additional Access Form and either fax to 910-484-1673 or drop off at one of our two locations prior to receiving your temporary token number for registration.
If you have questions about the “Patient Portal” please contact (910) 484-2284 Option #7 or access user information below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Cape Fear Eye Associates (NextMD) Patient Portal?
This service will allow you to exchange secure messaging with your physician and staff members, request medication renewals, request appointments, access your health records, along with viewing your statements and paying your bills online.
Is there a fee to use Cape Fear Eye Associates (NextMD) Patient Portal?
No. Cape Fear Eye Associates (NextMD) patient portal is a free service we provide to our patients.
How do I register for the Cape Fear Eye Associates (NextMD) Patient Portal?
Simply provide your email address at check-in or check-out or contact our medical records department at (910) 484-2284 option #7. You will receive a temporary “token” number. An email will be sent to your provided email address. Simply click on registration link and follow the provided instructions.
What if I forgot my password or username?
Go to www.CapeFearEye.com and click on “Patient Portal” LOG IN. Click on Forgot your password? link. Follow prompts to reset your password and/or your username.
I have lost my “token” number, can you tell me what it is?
Cape Fear Eye Associates staff members cannot give you your original security token, but they can submit a new one for you. Simply call (910) 484-2284 Option #7 to receive your new “token” number.
Cape Fear Eye Associates (NextMD) says my account is locked. How do I unlock my account?
If you attempt and fail to login four times, NextMD will lock your account for 20 minutes. You can attempt to login after that time, or if you’ve forgotten your information, you can reset your password and username after that time.
Is Cape Fear Eye Associates (NextMD) Patient Portal email?
No. NextMD uses a web portal (website) to send messages to our electronic health record system. This allows staff to view your request alongside your electronic chart. Staff is able to see vital parts of your health record as they take care of your requests.
I have lost my “token”/my “token” is more than 30 days old and the website won’t take it. What should I do?
Cape Fear Eye Associates takes your privacy seriously and therefore they will expire after 30 days. Contact our office if you have lost or need a new token assigned to you at (910) 484-2284 option #7.
How quickly can I expect a response to my message?
Patients should allow at least 48 hours during the week and 72 hours during the weekend to receive a response to their message. However, it is common for our physicians and staff to reply more promptly.
My username or password is not working. What do I do?
For the fastest solution, go to www.CapeFearEye.com and click on “Patient Portal” click on the “don’t remember your username or password.” Enter your email address and your user name will be emailed to you. Please use this user name, including any capitalization (case sensitive) when entering your user name.
I have a new email address, how can I change it?
Login to your Cape Fear Eye Associates (NextMD) Patient Portal” at www.CapeFearEye.com click on the “My Account Tab”. Go to “My Information” and then scroll down to email address, where you can make the change.
My doctor said he sent me a “Patient Portal” message, but I never received an email letting me know that a message was available. What should I do?
The email notification was likely lost in your Spam filter. Search your Spam folder and correct the filter to prevent it from identifying these notifications as Spam. Even if the notification was lost, any message or documents that were sent via NextMD can be retrieved by logging into www.CapeFearEye.com (NextMD) “Patient Portal” and reviewing your inbox.
If I update my demographic information on the Cape Fear Eye Associates (NextMD) Patient Portal will my chart by updated in the office?
No. At this time you will need to update demographic information in the office.
How do I view my records on Cape Fear Eye Associates (NextMD) Patient Portal?
To view records, please contact our office to request records you wish to view. Once requested, your records will be submitted electronically to Cape Fear Eye Associates (NextMD) Patient Portal in the form of a PDF file.
Is my medical record secure?
Yes. We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure access codes, personal login identification and passwords.
For any additional questions, please contact one of our Cape Fear Eye Associates staff members at (910) 484-2284 or (800) 829-2284.
SECURE PATIENT PORTAL POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Access to the Patient Portal is optional; we may suspend or terminate use at any time and for any reason. If terminated, you will be notified within five (5) business days.
- This method of communication prevents unauthorized parties from being able to access or read messages while they are in transmission. Maintaining the security of the message however depends on ensuring the message is sent to the intended recipient and that only an authorized person accesses the message once received. As the patient, you are responsible for ensuring your practice(s) has your current and correct e-mail address for appropriate receipt of the message and that you maintain the security of your password to prevent an unauthorized person from accessing your information once received.
- Use of the Patient Portal is for non-emergent communication and requests only; in the case of an emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room, and allow up to two business days for a response to your communications/requests.
- Do not use the Patient Portal for the exchange of information regarding highly sensitive medical issues (examples include but are not limited to HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases and mental health issues).
- Ensure you notify your practice(s) of any changes in contact information (name, address, phone number(s) or e-mail address).
- All communication via the Patient Portal will become part of your permanent Electronic Health Record (EHR) or medical record.
- Any staff member in the practice may respond to your communication via the Patient Portal as appropriate for the scope of their normal duties and responsibilities.