Comprehensive eye exams are essential in maintaining your vision and keeping your eyes healthy. At Cape Fear Eye Associates PA in Fayetteville, NC, we recommend checking their eyes regularly. Reach out to us today to learn more about our optometry services.
Importance of Regular Eye and Vision Exams
While eye exams screen for vision impairment, they're also one of the most effective ways to detect eye disease. Serious eye diseases that can lead to vision loss, like glaucoma and cataracts, don't always show symptoms in the early stages.
If your eyes are checked annually, our eye doctor can monitor your eye health and track your vision changes. Exams are essential to eye care and can also affect your physical health! In addition, some medical conditions, such as diabetes, have symptoms detected during an eye exam.
What to Expect during Your Eye Exam
At Cape Fear Eye Associates PA in Fayetteville, NC, we want to ensure you're as comfortable as possible during your eye exam! Therefore, we'll run various tests during your exam, including:
- Visual Acuity Tests - We'll have you read from an eye chart to measure your vision and look for signs of impairment. If you don't have 20/20 vision, we'll run additional tests to provide you with a prescription for corrective lenses.
- Color Blindness Tests - If you haven't been tested for color blindness, we may also ask you to take a color blindness test. During this test, you'll be asked to read numbers in the center of colored dots.
- Depth Perception Tests - We use depth perception to measure the distance of objects. During this test, we'll ask you to view dots and tell us if they appear elevated.
- Eye Movement Tests - These tests measure how your eyes move and work together. Typically, your optometrist will ask you to follow a pen or finger with your eyes.
- Eye Dilation - We'll give you eye drops that dilate your pupils during this test. This test will allow your eye doctor to view your retina or macula and look for signs of eye disease. If we plan to conduct this test, we'll ask you to find someone else to drive you home from your appointment.
Request an Appointment with an Eye Doctor in Fayetteville, NC
Regular comprehensive eye exams are one of the essential parts of eye care. If you're committed to keeping your eyes healthy, reach out to Cape Fear Eye Associates PA to schedule your next appointment! You can depend on us for all of your optometry needs. Call our office today at (910) 484-2284 to schedule an appointment.