Introducing Dr. Conner Kapperman. Now Accepting New Patients
Licenses and memberships
- North Carolina License—March 2021
- American Academy of Optometry—Candidate for Fellowship 2021
- Licensed in Tennessee—October 2020
- Oklahoma Association of Optometric Physicians
- Licensed in Oklahoma—July 2020
Southern College of Optometry—Memphis, TN May 2020 (Doctor of Optometry)
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Southern College of Optometry Student Ambassador
- Beta Sigma Kappa Honors Society for Academic Achievement
- Outstanding Clinician Award 2020
- American Optometric Student Association
- Student Volunteers for Optometric Service to Humanity
- Student Society of Tennessee Association of Optometric Physicians
- Optometric Private Practice Club
- Recipient of Tennessee Contract Seat Scholarship
- Omega Delta Fraternity Class Representative
Samford University—Birmingham, AL May 2016 (Bachelor of Science in Biology/Minor in Latin American Studies)
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Beta Beta Beta Biology Honors Society
- Student Connections Leader
- Howard School of Arts and Science Ambassador
- Academic Scholarship Recipient
- Leadership Scholarship Recipient
- Blood Assurance Scholarship Recipient
- Latin American Scholars Scholarship Recipient
- Four consecutive semesters on Dean’s List
- Sigma Nu Fraternity
- Order of Omega Leadership Society
- Gamma Sigma Alpha National Honor Society
northeastern state university Oklahoma college of optometry—tahlequah,ok
Resident at Oklahoma Medical Eye Group —july 1, 2020-present
Completing a one-year residency in Ocular Disease/Refractive and Ocular Surgery. Received advanced clinical training at a premier OMD/OD referral center focused on ocular disease, pre/post-op care, advanced anterior segment procedures, and surgical consultation and management for cataracts, MIGS, oculoplastics, and refractive surgery. Gained extensive experience in anterior segment laser procedures and minor surgeries of the adnexa, eyelids, and cornea. Regularly performed YAG capsulotomy, YAG PI, SLT, chalazion incision/curettage, corneal debridement, Salzmann nodule removal, corneal cultures, and more.
The Eye center at Southern COllege of Optometry—memphis, TN
4th year Clinical Internship—January 2020-may 2020
Performed full scope patient care to a diverse population with emphasis on advanced ocular disease, contact lenses, low vision, vision therapy, pediatrics, and primary care. Gained proficiency with various modern ophthalmic technologies to accurately diagnose and treat ocular disease. Rotated through the main campus eye center as well as various satellite clinics.
South East Eye Specialists – Knoxville, TN
Clinical Internship—September 2019-December 2019
Referral-only specialty center OMD/OD practice offering comprehensive eye care with subspecialty departments in cornea, cataract, glaucoma, refractive surgery, and oculoplastics. Worked closely with each subspecialty to identify, manage, and treat ocular disease. Gained extensive experience in surgery consultation and glaucoma management, including identifying possible candidates for MIGS procedures. Developed a deep interest and significant proficiency with minor ocular and adnexa office procedures. Assisted with or performed over 75 office procedures including removal of lid and conjunctival cysts, skin tags, chalazion excision and curettage, extra-ocular foreign bodies, and more.
Coastal vision center –Fernandina Beach, FL
Clinical Internship—May 2019-August 2019
Performed full-scope patient care in a private practice OMD/OD setting with emphasis on cataract surgery, refractive surgery, and anterior segment disease. Developed a comprehensive understanding of pre- and post-op surgical care and management. Executed therapeutic scleral lens fits for keratoconus, exposure keratopathy, keratoconjunctivitis sicca, and various other corneal pathologies. Performed clinical research, testing, and data retrieval for a patent-pending accommodating multifocal soft contact lens.
THe Eye center at Southern COllege of Optometry—memphis, TN
3rd year Clinical Internship—April 2018-May 2019
Provided patient care under the supervision of an optometric physician in a variety of clinical settings and departments including adult primary care, pediatrics primary care, contact lenses, vision therapy, technology suite, and optical. Provided care at local Shelby county schools, nursing homes, and satellite clinics.
Kapperman and White Eyecare
Optometric Technician—May 2014-august 2016
Conducted several different ophthalmic technologies on patients as a part of their comprehensive eye examinations. Pre-tests included chair skills, auto-refraction, corneal topographies, retinal imaging, etc. Employed during the summers. Through this experience determined that my personal and occupational calling is to serve as a member of the optometric profession.
Certifications, Conferences, Courses, Publications
- Heart of America Poster Accepted for 2021: Recognizing and Treating Capsular Bag Distension Syndrome
- NSUOCO Grand Rounds Presentation: Auto-immune Associated PUK
- Oklahoma Association of Optometric Physicians Annual Conference Lecturer: MIGS update with focus on OMNI Surgical System
- Workshop Instructor 2020: Ocular Triage, Assessment, and Management for MD Resident Physicians
- American Academy of Optometry 2020—Poster: Auto-immune Associated PUK
- NSUOCO Literature Review Presentation: LPI for PDS
- Northeastern State University Oklahoma College of Optometry Surgical Procedures for the Optometric Physician Course- 2020
- Northeastern State University Oklahoma College of Optometry Laser Therapy for the Anterior Segment Course—2020
- Alcon Academy for Eye Care Excellence 2019—Fort Worth, TX
- Multifocal Contact Lens Fitting Seminar with Alcon, Vistakon, and Coopervision 2018—Memphis, TN
Leadership Community Involvement
Southern College of Optometry Student Ambassador
Nominated and selected for a student ambassador position at SCO to assist in student recruitment, admissions, alumni, and public relations for the college. Conducted prospective student tours, hosted alumni reunions, hosted special guests of the college, and promoted the school through various community outreach events.
Beta Sigma Kappa Honors Society for Academic Achievement
Qualified for BSK honors society by meeting GPA requirements. Hosted academic exercises and mock practical exams for underclassmen at SCO.
Student Volunteers of Optometric Services to Humanity (S.V.O.S.H.)- International Medical Humanitarian Trips
Planned and performed annual humanitarian trips providing free eye care exams, glasses, sunglasses, and medical treatment for underserved populations in Central/South America. Utilized my prior Spanish education to translate examinations and provide patient education.
- 2017 – Dominican Republic
- 2018 – Nicaragua
- 2019 – Costa Rica
Special Olympics Volunteer—Nashville, TN
Provided free eye screenings, glasses adjustments, and event support for all Special Olympic Athletes.
Project Homeless Connect, Eye care volunteer—Memphis, TN
Supplied free eye examinations, glasses prescriptions, and glasses to the homeless population in Memphis, TN.
Saturday Service Eye Care Volunteer—Memphis, TN
Provided free eye examinations, glasses prescriptions, and glasses to individuals in substance abuse rehabilitation centers.
Volunteered with classmates and alumni of SCO to offer manual labor and landscape improvement for community centers and homes in the Memphis are
Mustard Tree Ministries—Chattanooga, TN
Volunteered in providing free eye screenings and glasses to the homeless population in Chattanooga, TN