Introducing Dr. Brett Campbell. Now Accepting New Patients!
The Krieger Eye Institute at Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, MD - 2019-2021
Resident – Ophthalmology, PGY3-PGY4
Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA - 2018-2019
Resident - Ophthalmology, PGY2
St. Joseph’s Health Center, Syracuse NY - 2017-2018
Intern - Transitional Year
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY - 2013-2017
Doctorate of Medicine
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA - 2009-2013
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry; minor in Public Health
Honors thesis: Synthesis of a 3-Dimensional, Non-planar Dithiolene
- Chief Resident at the Krieger Eye Institute of Sinai Hospital - 2020
- James L. McGraw, MD ’41 scholarship for Ophthalmology - 2016
- Magna Cum Laude at Tulane University - 2013
- Honors Program graduate at Tulane University - 2013
- Golden Key Honors Society - 2010
- Presidential Scholarship recipient at Tulane University - 2009
- Peddada K, Campbell B, Ply B, Vo A. “Neutrophic Keratopathy: A Review of New and Emerging Therapies”. Advances Ophthalmology and Optometry. 2019(4):275-280
- Peddada K, Campbell B, Bailey J, Spector R. “Ocular Alignment Disorders”. Pediatrics in Review. PIR-2019-0147.
- Sielert L, Harris J, Campbell B, Pyun J, Swan R. “Posterior Scleritis”. J Expert Review of Ophthalmology. 2016. 11(6):475-484.
Krieger Eye Symposium
Presentation of case of chronic angle closure glaucoma at the KEI symposium - 2020
PAO/AAO Advocacy Ambassador - 2019
Attended the AAO Congressional Advocacy Day and Mid Year Forum, informing Pennsylvania congressmen on Capitol Hill about both state and national issues impacting patients and Ophthalmologists alike.
Educational Committee Chair for the CVR Lions Club - 2017-2018
Part of the founding chapter of the CVR Lions Club in Syracuse, NY, and helped donate all collected recycled glasses and frames to the Coptic Christian Mission trip to South America through Dr. Saleeb.
President of Upstate Ophthalmology Club - 2016-2017
Generate ideas and plan small talks/events to further spur the interest and knowledge of ophthalmology for Upstate students.
Advisory Board Member for Cayuga Learning Community - 2015-2017
Plan for lake community events, socials and competitions with the other learning communities, as well as generate creative ideas for the image of the lake community.
Recruitment Chair for the Upstate AMSA chapter - 2014-2015
Provided ideas and gave presentations to fellow medical students to illustrate the benefits of joining AMSA.
President Upstate University’s Campus Activities Governing Board (CAGB) - 2014-2015
Oversaw all recreational events at Upstate University, including coffeehouse events, comedy shows, Upstate club exhibition, bowling nights and school sponsored special events such as the Welcome Back BBQ, the Artic Blast dance, all of which are open to each graduate profession at the school.
Red Cross Certified Lifeguard and CPR instructor - 2011-2013
Taught students ages 16-26+ the basic lifeguard course with requirement, as well as CPR certification and recertification courses in Suffern, NY.
Lymphangiogenesis of the corneal limbus in Netrin 4 knock mice - 2016
Ongoing research of the protein Netrin 4’s effect on lymphangiogenesis in the cornea, the effect of the gene knock-out on lymphangiogenesis in induced inflammation, and the relation of these newly formed lymphatic vessels to Schlemn’s canal. At Upstate’s Center for Vision Research under Dr. William J. Brunken.
Honors thesis in Chemistry at Tulane - 2012-2013
Synthesized a 3 dimensional dithiolene ligand using well known simple organic chemical reactions in order to create an inexpensive chemical synthesis of atypical dithiolenes.
Volunteer at Southwest Community Center - 2013-2014
In Syracuse, NY. Engaged students in homework/tutoring and recreational activities at an afterschool program for inner-city youth.
Volunteer at Arise Academy - 2011-2012
In New Orleans, LA. Tutored third grade students in English as well as taught tennis at an inner city charter school that was ultimately transforming into a top performing school within the community.
- Pennsylvania Medical Society - 2019-present
- American Academy of Ophthalmology - 2018-present
- American Academy of Family Physicians - 2016-present
- American Medical Student Association - 2013-present
- American Medical Association - 2013-present
Art, drawing/illustrations, automobiles, poetry, exercise, skiing, hiking, nature documentaries, cooking, disc golf