Even if you or your child has 20/20 visual acuity, inadequately developed or ineffective visual abilities in the following areas can lead to Learning-Related Vision Disorders or Poor Sports Performance:
- eye-tracking skills (eyes staying on target)
- eye-teaming skills (eyes working in synchronized fashion)
- eye-focusing (accommodation)
- binocular vision (blending images from both eyes together at the same time
- visual-motor integration (eye-hand coordination)
- visual perception (visual memory, visual form perception, directionality)
IF YOUR CHILD IS STRUGGLING IN SCHOOL, HE OR SHE MAY HAVE A LEARNING-RELATED VISION DISORDER.
They may be experiencing symptoms such as double vision, blurry vision, eyestrain, fatigue, headaches and so much more. Please see our symptom survey in the Vision and Learning section for a more detailed questionnaire of symptoms.
The image below shows blurry vision, distorted vision, double vision and the crowding phenomenon. Children with the above mentioned problems see print like this.